Epub export introduces   and fails

Hi,

My epub exports introduce   in some regular spaces and fails. For instance, the following text (copied and pasted from the Pressbooks editor):

The objective of this book is to help you learn to implement and analyze evolutionary models of social interactions in finite populations.

is parsed in the epub file as:

<p>The objective of this book is to help you learn&nbsp;to <em>implement</em> and <em>analyze</em> evolutionary models of social interactions in finite populations.</p>

which leads to errors in the export:

FATAL(RSC-016): /srv/www/wisc.pb.unizin.org/releases/20231207215206/web/app/uploads/sites/28/pressbooks/exports/Agent-Based-Evolutionary-Game-Dynamics-IN-PROGRESS-1703189423.epub/EPUB/front-matter-001-preface.xhtml(19,150): Fatal Error while parsing file: The entity “nbsp” was referenced, but not declared.

These errors mean that the page cannot be read in the EPUB file:
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 12.46.33

These errors also occur in HTML book exports, but I read here that is better not to use that format.

I was not getting errors with the EPUB exports until recently. Now I get a lot of them:

Any ideas about how to fix this?
Thanks a lot,
Luis

hi @lrizquierdo sounds frustrating. This looks like a bug in our export routine. Are you open to filing this as an issue in our pressbooks/pressbooks repo? Issues · pressbooks/pressbooks · GitHub

Thanks so much for the quick response Steel! I hope you’re doing great.
I have filed an issue for this: Epub export introduces &nbsp; and fails · Issue #3539 · pressbooks/pressbooks · GitHub