So, we’ve updated to PB 5.5.6, and we noticed that the WXR import routine stopped working as expected, but only in our environments that have multiple app servers spun up.
After selecting the WXR import routine and uploading a valid XML file (generated from the Pressbooks XML export routine), and after selecting the pages and parts we want to import, when we click the “Import Selection” button, the page will just refresh and will fail to import anything. Again, this behavior does NOT occur when there is only one app server.
As a workaround, I reverted the change from using
buildListOfKnownMedia( $xml ) to using the old
buildListOfKnownImages( $xml ) function, and that seems to have solved our problem (still testing, but initial signs point to this being a fix for us).
This is where I landed in Github that brought me to our current workaround:
Additionally, though we haven’t tried it yet, I’m wondering if the Pressbooks cloning feature plays nicely with infrastructure that utilizes multiple app servers to handle jobs (more on our findings when we get there).
The “fix” only sort of works sometimes. I’m still digging into the issue described above.