Importing character mismatch when font keyboard character different than default

The document is typed using particular font and those font have their own keyboard layout. When we import that document, pressbooks is not importing the actual characters in the document, instead it is importing default character of the keyboard.

Example:
Default keyboard layout is “Qwertyuiop”
My font keyboard layout is “abcdefghij”

What I type using my font is “abcdefghij” and what is imported is “Qwertyuiop”

Will this problem solve by installing my own font in pressbooks. how do I install my own font in the pressbooks.

We don’t currently support installing your own fonts.

Can I send you the font to be included…

Probably not? What is the use case for a font (in English) where the keyboard letters don’t match the font letters? Sorry.

This is not the English language. It is an one of the Indian language(Marathi).

Marathi should be supported by Noto Sans Devanagari, which is already available under Theme Options → Global → Languages & Scripts. See: https://www.google.com/get/noto/

The complete book is typed in font which are different from the common layout of the keyboard, when we import there is character mismatch error.

Consider this example in marathi language

Default keyboard layout is “Qwertyuiop”
My font keyboard layout is “abcdefghij”

What I type using my font is “abcdefghij” and what is imported is “Qwertyuiop”

Can you share some more info on the font?

In this image, I have highlighted to quickly understand, see “O”, “L” , see the different character in google font as well the other font which used for typing the book.