I have an apostrophe in my book title - it's not working

Hi, my book title has an apostrophe and now the book title (and 1/2 title) page looks like this:
THE MARKETING LEADER'S CODE

with the code for the apostrophe, NOT the apostrophe (& # 0 3 9 ; )

What do I need to do?
This is urgent, please advise asap!

hi @Debbie_Jenkins this looks like a bug in our PDF export routine. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We’ve added it to our backlog and will let you know when we have a fix released.

any suggestions for how I can work around it in the meantime?

For now – only thing I can think of is changing the title so that it doesn’t include an apostrophe. Wish I had better news, but it’s a bug until we fix it, I’m afraid.

Gosh, that sounds like a joke! Change your book title because we don’t do apostrophes!

Is there an ETA on the bug fix, Steel?
Am I looking at 1 week, 1 year?

We have fix in place, ready for next release. Should be next week.

1 Like

If you can’t wait until then, you can create a new book and make sure it has the apostrophe in the title at the time of creation. You can import existing content or even just clone the book. Apparently the current bug only appears when editing the book title and adding the special character AFTER initial creation. Might be too much hassle instead of simply waiting a few days, however.

2 Likes

@Debbie_Jenkins We just deployed the fix to pressbooks.pub today. I created new exports for your book and confirmed the bug has been resolved. Thanks for your patience as we solved this.

If you encounter future bugs, you’re invited to report them here: https://pressbooks.com/report-a-bug/ or file them in our GitHub repo: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub. Issues filed in those two places will generally be seen more quickly by our development team than here on the forum, which is largely designed as a place for users to support each other with questions they have about using the software.

1 Like