Displaying tables in ePub formats

Hi everyone,

I have a staff member who has developed some Referencing Guides in Pressbooks, and included examples for each reference type in tables. After testing and fixing, we’ve managed to have the tables display properly in each reader except for iBooks on Apple. Some tables display all borders, whilst others are missing a single side of the table border - there seems to be no consistency and the code for the tables is exactly the same. I have included my colleagues email below for more details.

Has anyone else encountered this before, and been able to fix it? Any help would be most gratefully received.

Adrian

…begin copied email…
I have been testing on my Apple device. From my end all issues are fine, except for some chapters have one border side of the table missing. This only occurs in some chapters even though the code is the same as the other chapters. However, I have been looking and playing around with the code to see if anything words. Interesting, the current code states there is zero border, see below:

table class=“grid” style=“border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; height: 1212px;” border=“0”

I’ve tried changing this to one and doing a number of different options I found on this site: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

However, it stills displays as partially missing in the ePub export. I’m not sure why and I don’t know why it does on same chapters and not on others when the code is essentially the same.
…end copied email…