Support for background images in child themes

related to Restore missing webbook styles for legacy themes · Issue #150 · pressbooks/pressbooks-book · GitHub I have to resurrect the open quotation background image for blockquotes in a child theme. It’s not obvious to me how this is to be implemented now and I’m wondering what the mechanism is where images get passed to the build directory?

This implementation pressbooks-book/assets/book/styles/components/media/_audio.scss at 4452cb976a5f6323fe59b6aafa64ac842602946e · pressbooks/pressbooks-book · GitHub seems to indicate it would work with something similar to this
pressbooks-book/assets/book/styles/variables/_media.scss at 4452cb976a5f6323fe59b6aafa64ac842602946e · pressbooks/pressbooks-book · GitHub

But in a child theme it points to an image directory that doesn’t exist.

Hey @brad, thanks for bringing this up! Will get back to you with an idea as soon as I’ve wrapped my head around it.

Can you link the child theme’s source code? I’d also like to take a crack at this.

I can’t find any mention of “blockquote-open” in our repos. Is this what you are trying to get to work?