Revision History in Parts

Hi, all!

I’m working to replace some iframes in other users’ books. I’ve been basing my replacements on revision history, but I’ve only been able to see the revision history for parts, not chapters. Is this a new behavior since the update, or was this something I simply hadn’t noticed in the past?

Thank you,
Naomi

Chapter:

Part:

Hi @Naomi_Salmon, I’m a bit confused… do Parts show revisions and chapters don’t, or is it the other way around? I can’t tell from your screenshots. Looking at code, it appears that parts do not support revisions right now, which is something we should change.

Also note:

The revision metabox will not show up until there are actually revisions for the post. If there are no revisions, the revision meta box will not show.

Hi @ned,

Chapters show revision history, but parts do not–I’m glad to hear that everything is working generally as expected! It would be fantastic for Parts to have revision support at some point in the future.

Thank you for looking into this!
Naomi

1 Like

We’ve added revision support to parts, will be released in Pressbooks 5.1.1: https://github.com/pressbooks/pressbooks/pull/1158

1 Like